Programmable Voice and Mobile VoIP SDK
What is RegFree™ Dialing?
Traditional SIP is notorious for being unsuitable for mobile use. From its constant keep-alive routines to its bloated signaling protocol, it was never truly adapted to the mobile world. Cloudonix and its RegFree™ dialing was designed specifically to address these issues.
RegFree™ Dialing Provides Enhanced Security and is Mobile Friendly
Security and Privacy First
Traditional SIP is not a particularly secure protocol. It is known to be vulnerable to man-in-the-middle and session replay attacks, in addition to being highly vulnerable to password brute-forcing. RegFree™ Dialing employs a unique methodology that is more akin to modern OpenID security and authorization concepts, ensuring greater privacy and security.
- To make a call, ephemeral tokens are used, which can only be used once.
- Tokens are created by the customer, ensuring that no one, not even Cloudonix staff, has access to them.
- Tokens can only be used once; using an old token to attempt a session replay attack will fail.
- Tokens are used in both outbound and inbound call flow scenarios.
Mobile First Design
Powerful, yet mobile friendly
Traditional SIP wasn’t made for mobile devices; it’s too big for the network and uses a lot of battery. Cloudonix’s RegFree™ Dialing was made to use the least amount of battery and data, so that mobile apps don’t become a burden on the device or the user’s wallet.
- Does not require the remote mobile application to remain registered with the Cloudonix platform, reducing network usage of the SDKs – use it only when needed.
- Reduces network usage by not requiring constant keep-alive messages to be sent between the mobile application and the platform.
- Uses industry-standard push notifications, either on mobile or on the web, to ensure proper signaling and operations.
- When compared to standard SIP provisioning and authorization mechanisms, it is significantly easier to use and integrate.